Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Exile, Limbo or Life?

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Ancestor of Exile

I've often wondered what I'd do in the exile's place. Cling to my own kind, shop my own kind, avoid learning the native voice and culture?

I'm reminded by the world this must be the first choice of human nature, why else the American enclaves, Little Italys, Chinatowns? I'd like to think I'd seek out and thrive in the real world rather than live in a weird limbo in an artificial one. All that I am is within me and can't be taken, all that I could be is without, there for the exploring and assimilating. In many ways I've been an exile most of my life.

"Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance." ~ Richard von Weizsaecker 1920-

1 comment:

  1. It's tough to be an individual. Wonderful words...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn