Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Feeding Potential

Daily Draw: Minchiate ~ Aquarius

A number of mythical gods have been associated with Aquarius over time, the jug pouring forth various substances accordingly. The whole of the Nile; beverage to the gods; fire to the people; elixir of life.

I'm reminded by this card I choose to believe nourishment for potential is being offered freely, I'd like to be showered please. Yet the hook of stunted vision*, pruned imagination*, and stagnant mediocrity* is also on offer and apparently the oft chosen gift of Aquarius.

"There is only one thing that can keep growing without nourishment, the human ego." ~ Marshall Lumsden 1922-2010

*recently admired wordsmithing, not mine.

3 comments:

  1. I have a lot of Aquarius people in my life (including my father and my stepbrother) and one of the interesting things about them is that while they can really flood you with imaginative and radical ideas, they can have an extremely "stunted vision" (usually combined with some bullheadedness) about things they do not accept, understand or disagree with at first. They can cut it away out of stubbornness before the idea can grow and give its real fruits.

    So I believe this card shows a necessity of balance - it's okay to shower the world with new fantastic things, but you need to let the world sow new seeds into you too.

    Just an idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to ask, why does this guy have one shoe off and one on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, but leggings and a short dress, ever so ah couture...cross dresser!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn