Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Gimme A Little Sugar, Honey

Daily Draw: Minchiate ~ Sun

I'm trying to think of a nice spin to put on this card...lovely day, a little canoodling in a sylvan glen...

But I see that house of government in the background and all I can think of is the men who would be president. Who think a woman that uses contraception is a slut yet have revolving doors on their own bedrooms. Insurance whobe's who ok Viraga being paid for by insurance, but not contraceptive pills. It's still the same Sun, still the same bigoted narrow minded men who want it all, but not for her.
This is a beautiful deck, but it's era pushes all my buttons...because nothing has changed.

"If I am to be a chauvinist pig, I want to be the number one pig." ~ Bobby Riggs 1918-1995

2 comments:

  1. Double standards exists in my country too but no politician would get away with the rabid christian right wing propaganda of some American men. I admit to being rather ignorant of who this Rush Limbaugh is but this card makes me think of him now.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn