Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Hunter of Gifts

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Hunter of Gifts

It was sunny and warm at Ocean Shores yesterday.
I had the most tasty fish for lunch.
How hard the clerk at the seafood store laughed when I asked her if the saltwater taffy was made in China.
Staff who remembered my mother and her issues.
Puppy mill dogs on their very best behavior, always knocks my socks off.
A full 24 hours with my Rob.
Memories softened by time, driving through my old home town.
Remembered to get fishing line for my Power Sticks
Remembering that I remembered something...
Laughter over learning to use our debit cards for the first time.
The use 12 times a month which in turn earns us 2.25 compounded interest on our savings. Try beating that anywhere.

I'm reminded by this card every day is full of gifts. I kept a gratitude journal for a number of years, it changed how I viewed life. Every day is better when we are appreciative for the gifts that sift through us and to us from all directions. We don't even have to hunt for them, they fall into our laps, nay they leap into our lives, if we but notice.

"Each day provides it's own gifts." ~ Marcus Aurelius AD 121-180

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts on gratitude really made me appreciate all of the things I have - even in what might seem like the worst days, there is something to be thankful for, I realise. Just your thoughts in this post really got me thinking. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of curiosity I searched my blog for "gratitude journal" and the last time I mentioned it was the last time I used this deck :)

    After about 2 weeks of writing I'm grateful for my family, friends, food, shelter, you want to pitch the idea as pointless, obviously you are grateful for everything, right? You've written those things down for 2 or 3 weeks, haven't you?

    But then some kind of inner eye opens up and you find yourself saying thank you when the car backing out of a parking space could have easily hit you and didn't. The quarter found on the ground, there is a fun blessing. The color of the sky, wow! That a pet greets you like you are The most important person in the whole worlds.
    You just start seeing it all...and it is amazing.
    Thanks for stopping by, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn