Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Living Euthanasia

Daily Draw: Sacred Path Cards ~ Peyote Ceremony

Jamie Sams indicates the sacred harvesting, preparing, and ceremony of peyote or mescaline began in the 1880's and  allowed native Americans, who had been systematically robbed of everything, the knowledge that their souls could never be stripped from them. The peyote ceremony allows them to see the 'crack in the world'.

This is a difficult card, and difficulty is one of the things peyote is supposed to allow the users to deal with. I am not tempted to try it in order to 'get' what has essentially robbed my little brother of any real life potential other than taking up space. I'll grant the idea there may be someone somewhere that can use a drug in a sacred manner on their own terms...but it's a difficult thing to swallow. I can only perceive it as a living euthanasia.

"For if one always saw like this, one would never want to do anything else. How could one reconcile this timeless bliss of seeing as one ought to see with the temporal duties of doing what one ought to do and feeling as one ought to feel?' ~ Aldous Huxley 1894-1963 of two massive doses of LSD administered by his wife, euthanasia rather than terminal laryngeal cancer. 

3 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about the taking of salvia, lately. One person who took a dose of it has been struggling with depression ever since; the other describes his experience as having been a powerful reminder that what we see all the time is not all there is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rereading this later I realize how judgmental my view of my little brother's life is. He may have a happy wonderful life in his own way of his own design. I love the little brother I had, I don't care at all for the brother he has become.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time believing anyone from any ethnic or religious group today could use drugs without eventually having to deal with the consequences. We as a human race, seem to have forgotten how to live and walk in balance.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn