Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Moving Targets

Daily Draw: Shaman's Oracle ~ Ancestor of Boundaries

I'm guessing most of my boundaries come from being in trouble. Went too far, got my butt chewed or found out something I didn't want to know, or hurt someone. 

I'm reminded by this card which faces the past, one of the key central behaviors that help us get through life in one piece is recognizing a boundary. Boundaries are a moving target in a healthy life because we grow and change, my boundaries today are probably about 90% smaller than the enormous fortress I used to have around me. This is better. Healthier, more fun, and not having to keep my guard up all the time saves a lot of energy.

"This is one of the major questions of our lives; how we keep boundaries, what permission we have to cross boundaries, and how we do so." ~ Abraham B. Yehoshua 1936-

1 comment:

  1. My 5 yr. old grandson wants to be a bullrider. I am positive his parents must have dropped him on his head. :)
    Sometimes it's hard to tell if you've crossed a boundary if it's not clearly marked...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn