Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wheels Within Wheels

Daily Draw: Sacred Path Oracle ~ Medicine Wheel

Year Wheel, Spirit Wheel, Sacred Hoop, Medicine Wheel, all the same and all very different. Same in that each begins with the compass points, aids in something, and has deep meaning; different in focus of personal or group use. But this is the basic stone wheel, 4 points, 2 or 3 stones between each point, and the cross stones or roads on the inside.

This card just happens to come up on the day I'm assembling all my thoughts, materials, and  notes re: my own Wheel; that's what the cards do. I read back through my last ten posts yesterday and it made the hair rise on my neck they were so pertinent to what is going on in my life. Do I make the cards, or do the cards make me?

It was prettily devised of Aesop, 'The fly sat upon the axle-tree of the chariot wheel and said, "What a dust do I raise" '. ~ Francis Bacon Sr. 1561-1626

2 comments:

  1. From the cards you've been drawing, it sounds like you are on the right path, making your wheel "native" to you. :)
    I like the D'Angelo quote from yesterday. No need to reinvent it, just realign it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Bodhiseed had posted a medicin-wheel too the other day. I love them! I want to make my own one day.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn