Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Yet None Say Nay

Daily Draw: Universal Fantasy Tarot ~ Hierophant

The term hierophant comes from the ancient Greek, one who interprets sacred mysteries. I will admit to having a bee in my bonnet this year about crushing dogma, men who abuse their station, men who lie and lie and lie to power their station. Paolo Martinello's artwork in this deck speaks of the things I'm so inept at voicing, ancient habits and standards come calcified by time until the pseudo myth runs the machine and none say nay.

I'm reminded by the three women in this card and the coup sticks on the throne these men aren't and weren't living in a vacuum, at some point the inhabitants of the world need to quit slinking, freezing, and folding, and try sipping the spirit of the Amazons. It. Doesn't. Have. To. Be. This. Way.

"We have to free half of the human race, the women, so that they can help to free the other half." ~ Emmeline Pankhurst 1858-1928

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn