Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bore Bored Boredest

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ 4 of Cups

Whining to my mother as a child that I was so bored... she replied "only the boring are bored, find yourself something interesting to do".

I'm reminded by this card, I don't believe I am ever bored, or apathetic, as an adult. My days are full of things I'm eager to get to, and my mind is on a constant quest. Life is good, thank you mom. We did sometimes listen to you.

"If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then Sixteen. Then Thirty-two. Eventually one discovers it isn't boring at all." ~ John Cage 1912-1992

This week the small run long out-of-print Granny Jones Tarot deck from Australia is up to bat. Way too cute to be legal with color crayon art, lots of Siamese cats and a charming sense of humor as its hallmarks. Art by Rebecca Jones, published by Kangroo Press, 1994 or 1995. The suits are wands, cups, swords, and ...buttons. 

3 comments:

  1. Life is always boring when I avoid challenges, but never boring when I take them on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a funny little deck that one is. I don't have it myself but enjoy seeing others read with it online. Love the sun peeking out behind the dark clouds there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really understood the being bored thing either, as an adult. There is always so much to be done, so many possibilities/options!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn