Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Conquest or Release

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ 6 of Wands

The Yei wears four prayer sticks and carries two more.
Everything she wears or holds or is, is of the earth. And conquest or release, it comes to the same thing, it's over.

I'm reminded by this card of my exercise last week making a stick such as this. Glass, copper, cotton, animal hide glue, feather, wood...I'll set it free in the ancient cedar near my sanctuary. With it's making I have finally and fully set myself free of the deep rage that had dogged me for two years. A year to finally choose to let it go, and a year accomplishing it.

"The only conquests which are permanent and leave no regrets are our conquests over ourselves." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821

2 comments:

  1. Do you feel lighter, like your heart can hold more joy now?
    I'm glad you found a process for releasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to try and transform that energy.'Better out than in' my parents used to say. Has it helped?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn