Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Devil Made Me Do It. Not.

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ Devil

If I don't believe in a God how could I believe in a Devil?

I'm reminded by this card there is no such thing as the devil made me do it. We did it. With our free will choice. Then we own it and live with it, no such thing as wiping the slate clean with a few mumbled words in the dark.

Calvin: "Do you believe in the devil? You know, a Supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"
Hobbs: "I'm not sure that man needs the help."
Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbs 1985-1995

The Santa Fe Tarot, by Holly Huber and Tracy LeCocq, published by U.S. Games Systems 1996, out of print. The kit included soft cover 175 page book which tells the story of the five stages of the emergence of the native Peoples with card images presented as sand paintings.  The suits are Buffalo/Coins, Rainbow/Wands, Water/Cups, Lightening/Swords. Each card is presented face on and considered to be facing East.

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn