Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Oblivious Life

Daily Draw: Toltec Oracle ~ Kuautli Eagle

Eagle represents our need to seek deeper knowledge, a higher plane, beyond the everyday cycle of eat sleep shelter, eat sleep shelter. Conversely we can take eat, and sleep, and shelter to a higher plane...

I'm reminded by this card if we chose to use our brains as much as our feet and hands we'd likely all be a genius. Selectively perhaps, I'd not concentrate on calculus but it is a matter of focus. We allow ourselves to be distracted into the trivial most of our waking hours limiting our chance to ever soar with the eagles, and know more, for the joy of learning.

"That's been one of my mantras - focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it's worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains." ~ Steve Jobs 1955-2011

The Toltec Oracle by Victor Sanchez, published by Bear and Company 2004. 33 cards and 275 page soft cover book. 

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if society's emphasis on multitasking has been our downfall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if society's emphasis on multitasking has been our downfall...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful illustrations in this deck, Sharyn! I love these quirky packs.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn