Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Right From Wrong

Daily Draw: Toltec Oracle ~ Kuetspalin Lizard

Among other things (from the book) the lizard symbol represents the pursuit of shamanism, without losing connection with the earth, being down to earth and common sensical. You'd think that the most redundant comment, but what is asked is that we not put worldly blocks who tell us what to think and when to think it, between us and a naturally spiritual life.

I'm reminded by this card to open my mind, my eyes, my heart, my spirit, to what the world and nature has to teach and offer. Cowering to one side, allowing some self-proclaimed spiritual leader of men to tell me what is right and what is wrong and when to squat and when to jump is ludicrous.

"Have you ever known a time when there was so much talk about ethics, or so little practice of it?" ~ Thomas Sowell 1930-

1 comment:

  1. I think humans have a rut worn into their brains by the time they reach adulthood telling us we need to ask for confirmation before we accept what has come to us in a natural way. But when looked at from a detached view, I agree with you - who in their right minds would ask someone to validate an experience the other person never had?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn