Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Savor and Celebrate

Daily Draw: Santa Fe Tarot ~ 7 of Wands

A step past yesterday's card, on to living the life of the victor.

I'm reminded by this card, and a lifetime of observation, when something has played a big part in our life and we finish it or kill it or let it fly free, we immediately seek something to fill the gap. Quit smoking, start stuffing. Leave Mormonism or Catholicism and rush off to Buddhism or Paganism. Divorce and live at dating sites. It must be human nature, but it seems a shame not to savor and celebrate that empty spot rather than jam a poor fitting something in it's place.

"We're so quick to cut away pieces of ourselves to suit a particular relationship, a job, a circle of friends, incessantly editing who we are until it all fits." ~ Charles de Lint 1951-

5 comments:

  1. A very interesting thought, Sharyn. I like the idea of the empty spot staying empty.

    And also, I have been enjoying your Santa Fe cards. What an original deck. I saw it once and didn't buy it, but it looks very usable. Today's card has a kind of sad feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all your examples are the story of my life. :) I've never had an empty spot for long, but still you never know what fits until you try it. I guess the key is not to suddenly label yourself something, but to remain a simple 'seeker'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for sharing your thoughts.

    Prince, even as long as I've been reading the cards, I'm not sure I'd have a clue using them at a reading table. Fascinating though. If you decide to get them get the book too.

    I think Jema, on my sidebar was thinking about letting her deck go, couldn't hurt to ask. I think she's in Sweden.

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the thought Sharyn. I think I have enough decks on my 'to do' pile for the moment, but will keep it in mind. I think it just tugs at me because it is so individual; there are so many of the same kind of decks coming out these days, so sometimes, the older and more unusual ones pull me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder why we humans rush so quickly to fill those spots. Could be we're afraid what we might find within the emptiness...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn