Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shy No More

Daily Draw: Victorian Flower Oracle ~ Wallflower

I wasn't sure if I'd pulled this card in the past so did a blog search for shy. I haven't, but was amazed once again what the shy child who couldn't even look at a stranger, the shy young woman would couldn't even call to have the electric turned on, is willing to share on this blog...

I'm reminded by this card I actually enjoy meeting strangers, I'm a heck of a lot healthier mentally, letting stuff out instead of keeping it in; and I really like the old fashioned etiquette of shaking hands. I've experienced bone crushers to limp lettuce leaf shakes, all to the good bringing someone new into my life.

"They remember me as this shy girl sitting under the table. But they obviously didn't know what was going on in my head." ~  Izabella Scorupco 1970-

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Ditto Sharyn. I feel the same about myself. Sometimes, I think it is my shyness that pushed this brasher aspect of me out in front of it for all to see. I often surprise myself by the things I will do or say, which others I'd imagine to be far more confident than me, wouldn't attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just described my daughter to a "T" (the shy part); hope she turns out to be as fine a person a you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a surprise each time I find someone who doesn't appear to be shy, was shy. I still have problems with shyness, but it's not as bad as it was say 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life has a way of beating shy off us...I went into real estate where you do nothing But meet strangers, cold call door to door... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn