Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Soar By Proxy

Daily Draw: Toltec Oracle ~ Koskakuautli Vulture

Oh, elegant cleaner of death
From the remains of what was
You will bring forth beauty, flying, and light

In societies revolving on nature a carrion bird does have its uses and I like that image of after death the we would fly by proxy, giving the opportunity of seeing it all one last time.

I'm reminded by this card it wouldn't bother me to have my bones cleaned in this way, it is rather comforting to think of my bones, scattered hither and yon still being warmed by the sun and shining under the moon. After all death is nothing, it is living and dying that is hard.

"Does wisdom perhaps appear on the earth as a raven which is inspired by the smell of carrion?" ~ Friedrich Nietzsch 1844-1900

1 comment:

  1. "It is rather comforting to think of my bones, scattered hither and yon still being warmed by the sun and shining under the moon. After all death is nothing, it is living and dying that is hard."

    Wow, Sharyn. This is quite profound. I love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn