Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let It Go

Daily Draw: Granny Jones Tarot ~ Death

I hold a pretty straightforward concept of forgiveness as recognizing and accepting the past can't be changed, done is done. Waiting for apologies and amends is a fool's game, it only deepens the pain. I think, decide, let go. I don't believe I've ever thought about the concept of forgiving myself before this week.

I'm reminded by this card, this forgiveness differs. I recognize and accept my life changed from the instant the word cancer entered it. And the two commitments I made many years ago can no longer apply. It has all worked out of course, as things always do... except for beating myself up day in and day out, dragging along with the millstone of failing chained to my mind and heart. This week on a cold grey drizzly dawn I opened my arms to the sky and let it go. I found forgiveness in my heart, for myself.

"To forgive is a to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." ~ Lewis B. Smedes 1921-2002

Late in the day post-diction: Lots of people died in the 3rd part of today's the Lord of the Rings movie. My two stalwart quilting nails died, I'm been quilting like mad the last two weeks and I've got to grow some more nail length. The needle ends are coming through the nails from pushing the needle so many times. No other death here, so we'll take forgiveness and renewal as the message of the day. 

4 comments:

  1. I learn and am enriched by the collective wisdom of others, this gentle post has touched a cord and has perhaps open a channel to self healing of the cancer we all carry the one that erodes the soul. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful Death card to me; and looking at the image does make me think of forgiving and moving on with a much lighter load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing your draws with this deck! What a quirky and fun one. It has such great personality.

    Hope you're well this weekend!

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear you have found forgiveness for yourself, Sharyn. Often the hardest forgiveness to find in our hearts. And what a great version of this card - I love the perspective :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn