Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Past My Pull By Date

Daily Draw: Nahualli Animal oracle ~ Alligator

This deck has my number this week...trauma, dissolution, rebuilding. Except I'm not rebuilding. The closest I've come to even trying is making two power sticks and getting them placed yesterday.

Alligator was a compatriot of the dinosaur, and now, after 65 million years is bordering on endangered species. After 65 million years...losing to shoes and bags. I'm reminded by this card sometimes rebuilding is too difficult when trauma and drama are the only reward. I turn my face to the wall.

"Nature has set upon him the process of decline and dissolution by which she removes things which have survived their usefulness." ~ William Graham Summer 1840-1910

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sharyn, earlier this week I made your blog one of my home page tabs-- so maybe you're not as far past the pull-by date as you thought. I mostly don't go by those dates anyway. Heat it up and if it doesn't foam or smell funny, it's okay. (Kids, don't try this at home.)

    I'm enjoying the Nahualli series. They're on my wish list now.

    Cheers!
    Betony

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Heat it up and if it doesn't foam or smell funny, it's okay". Thanks for the laugh. I'm using the crock pot today with a made up out of my head recipe. I'll review your guidelines :)
    thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alligator is doing well in my neck of the woods, and I think you will eventually get there too, my friend. (((Sharyn)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read once, family can push your every button--they're the ones who installed them. Hang in there, Sharyn, the weather is changing and you'll feel stronger with the growing season. ((AJ)) --Debra

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn