Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Consequences

Daily Draw: Henny's Tarot ~ High Priestess

The High Priestess is enigmatic and often misunderstood. She keeps her own counsel, and often when asked directly still won't offer advice.

I'm reminded by this card we are a contrary bunch. We don't want anyone to tell us what to do, but we expect some kind of magic to occur when we do, that by asking or taking someone else's opinion it absolves us from consequences. Hardly.

"Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things I am tempted to think there are no little things." ~ Bruce Barton 1886-1967

1 comment:

  1. I think she tries to tell us the secrets are hidden within us, but we're the only one with the key. But of course this requires stillness and patience, two things are society doesn't think much of...

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn