Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Dove By A Different Name

Daily Draw: Anubis Oracle ~ Dove

There are nine doves native to Egypt, one of them the laughing dove. I rolled my eyes and thought 'they've misnamed our mourning dove'. No. It does indeed make the sound of laughter rather than the cooing and hooty hoot of ours though yes, they are very similar in looks.

I'm reminded by this card how quick I am to think what I know is right and what someone else knows is wrong. As a microcosm of world peace I'd really like to do better, to at least be open minded before dismissive.

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, everyday, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity." ~ Christopher Morley 1890-1957

2 comments:

  1. Love your quote for the day! (Lovely card too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to reform too. I want to be open minded before dismissive. I also love your quote for the day! I'm off to do something no one else is doing!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn