Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Gold or Earth?

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ 4 of Coins

Interesting conversations can be had about words and objects having to do with spirituality which in itself is a word hard to universally define. How our different tribes, cultures, regions, upbringing, lessons, nations, personal outlooks, and environments form our viewpoint on say, altar items or totems, what we might hold as sacred and what we deem power or prayerful tools.

I'm reminded by this card the difference between Googling such objects and shopping carting them, and being watchful for those found objects that speak to our heart and give our arm a jolt when we touch it. This card speaks of pretense, a good word to ponder today, and which side of the disc I cling to, gold or earth.

"Pretense is the overrating of any kind of knowledge we pretend to." Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

2 comments:

  1. I have this same meditation all the time, is it really as meaningful if I can click and get it. Most of the time the most meaningful things I have come from me randomly finding them... everything from jewelry, to books, to clothing, to friends!! This fast-food, instant gratification mindset that our society is developing really disconnects us from our intuitive power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say that I adore the images from this deck. It's one I looked at many times in London before it went out of print. Stunning artwork and colouring! So very unique and in a class of it's own.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn