Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Inside Outside Mother

Daily Draw: Tarot of the Origins ~ Queen of Wands


Back when dirt was new and the world was still in black and white, I was born. About a year later we moved to a 40 acre farm, politely known as the stump ranch. We also had grown-up days in town.

I'm reminded by this card in my mid-40's and 50's I avoided my mother. She was no longer the mother I knew and remembered and it was actually painful to be around her. Now that she is in the clutches of dementia, my real mother is back; in her eyes, in her smiles, in her conversations. I find that exceedingly odd and slightly spooky, but I'll be forever grateful for this small respite with her. But it begs the question. Did she change or did I change? 


"Human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but...life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves." ~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez 1927-

This week I'm using the 2000 Lo Scarabeo Tarot of the Origins by Sergio Toppi. It is an exceptionally earthy tarot, a raw and untamed Fool's journey through culture's beginnings. The suits are renamed to suit the theme: Wands = green Nature; Swords = red Blood; Cups = blue Soul; Coins = yellow Jewels

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the deck. Would be so happy if Lo Scarabeo ever re-release it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about who changed, just enjoy the gift. :)
    You were quite the cutie!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn