Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

The Magic Is In How We Live

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ 9 of Cups

The Fountain of Youth. We have a solider lying down on the job, and a local climbing trees. Which activity will help retain youthfulness?

With this card I remember Always taking stairs two at a time. When did I stop doing that, at 50? I remember camping or staying with friends and sleeping on the floor or ground. When did that become a deciding factor in Not going somewhere, 30? I remember when I thought my hands were pretty enough to work as a hand model. When did they begin turning into my mother's hands, 40? I wouldn't go back for anything though. As my body has aged my mind has flexed and grown and I would keep that before I'd wash away the wrinkles and gray hairs and pain. And between yoga and walking I'm stronger and fitter than I was at 40 or 50 anyway...that magic is in me. This is a 9 of Cups I can understand and live with.

"There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." ~ Sophia Loren 1934-

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I really like the look of this deck. And since it is a new release it won't be impossible to get either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful post. I appreciate hearing this. I feel so depressed and exhausted in my 30's. I know that the magic has nothing to do with age. I just wish I could find it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my mid 20-s I had a number of years where I could feel myself sliding into depression like you can feel water when you stick your hand in a bucket. Began in fall and would last to spring. Didn't matter what happened during that time, "everyone hates me no one likes me, think I'll go eat worms" was my live :)

    For me, young skin and high boobs wasn't enough, but being older now I have tools that help me get through. I hope you get through too, and come out the other side 'new and improved!'
    Love, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear it, Sharyn. Depression is insidious--I'm glad you managed to escape.

    I've always been depressed and anxious--ever since I was 2 according to my mom. Starting to fear it's in my innermost nature. But I'm working on it. Always working on it. I will try to join you if I can. We'll see!

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, Sharyn. I can really identify with your comments on aging -- although I honestly never did like sleeping on the ground or floor, and my hands were never pretty (but they typed, and played the piano and guitar just fine, and still do! Thank goodness!)

    I am certainly enjoying life more now than I did in any previous decade of my life, for many reasons. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn