Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quacks Like A Duck

Daily Draw: Tarot of Origins ~ Page of Coins

I had a painful epiphany this week, when I realized I've deliberately distanced myself from three family members I should be the closest to. Didn't happen overnight, but the course of three years, and I'm certainly not fighting with anyone, I chose to remove myself from any possibility of unnecessary and ongoing drama. But three?

This child reminds me, one might be normal...but three people? I'm reminded by this card, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..it's probably a duck. I'm thinking I'm the whole problem and need to regrow my people skills.

"If only there were a longer time between epiphany and epitaph." David Glaser - 1952-


3 comments:

  1. Sharyn,

    First, so sorry I have not been commenting much lately. Also...this deck has a nice feel to it. I can't put my finger on it!

    I love the bizarre necklace she is wearing in this card. I have a thing for strange necklaces.

    I am sorry about your family members and the drama. My hat's off to you for recognizing it and being able to distance from it.

    Hugs,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by MM. I've been watching your struggles and can only send love. We pretty much have to get out of the prison by ourselves, but there 'is' joy on the other side...come on over! Sharyn
    (Instead of wearing your self out jumping for the top of the sack, try loosening that little loose corner by your foot, go out the back way and Never look back.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right--I am probably trying to be too ambitious. Sometimes the little things help us feel more sane.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn