Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sacred And Profane

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Temperance

Featuring the River Ganges and an example of the sacred and the profane existing as one. Every inch is considered sacred; Hindu worshipers seek the purifying action of letting its cupped waters run through their fingers, and all wish to have their ashes or bodies consigned to the waters when they die. The magic of the tea-light ceremonies of the evenings are balanced by the view of decomposing bodies by day.

I'm reminded by this card to consider myself as a microcosm of the Ganges; what thoughts and actions pollute me, what enlightens and lifts.

"I will lay my bones by the Ganges that India might know there is one who cares." ~ Alexander Duff 1806-1878

This week's deck is the newest publication from LoScarabeo, Sacred Sites Tarot, subtitled Magical Places of the World, 2012, by Massimiliano Filadoro and Federico Penco.

1 comment:

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn