Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Sugar and Peanut

I haven't taken a day off from my card of the day in years. Today is the day :) Besides I'm still enjoying looking at yesterday's beautiful Ibis card.

I thought I'd share a couple of my little sweethearts, Sugar and Peanut. They are ten weeks old in this photo and Peanut is no bigger than a robin. That's good because I've been told he is a rooster and I don't want my girls tore up. He is an Old English Game Bantam, Silver Duckwing variety.

Sugar is a banty also (small version of bigger birds) and was identified for me as a Mille Fleur d'Uccle pullet. How elegant is that? Sugar is only about 1/2 the size of the other four standard pullets (young hens not laying yet).

Fun in the sun in Kalama.

3 comments:

  1. I do miss your chicken reports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, holiday! Are you taking a real day off, or just missing the card bit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a handsome pair! So when you purchase them, are they just little balls of yellow fluff with no way to tell what type or sex they'll be?
    Like finding a prize in the Cracker Jack box... :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn