Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Balance With Comprehension

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 2 of Wands

In my heart and mind I feel like this two of wands from the Etruscan. I've been weeping steadily since I left my sister's bedside yesterday. But this 2 of Wands, like the Etruscan, is far different from bog standard image. Our central figure is gathering strength and stamina from the tiger beneath him, and comfort from the hand of a fellow traveler who is actually holding one of the wands for him.

I'm reminded her battle includes the help of many brilliant minds and everything modern medicine can throw at her. But the deeper reality of her tenuous hold on life keeps glancing off my brain like a rock off a car windshield, leaving little pits of grief in it's path. Balance with comprehension will be difficult to achieve any time soon.

"Neither comprehension nor learning can take place in an atmosphere of anxiety." ~ Rose Kennedy 1890-1995

The deck in use this week is Roots of Asia, republished by AGM AGMuller 2001. The original version was published by Amaravati Buddhist Monastery 1988. Artist is Amnart Klanprachar, the paint technique was done with fingers, knives, and rods. Accompanying 87 page digest by Thaworn boonyawan.

5 comments:

  1. Big hugs for you and your sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharyn, oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll keep you and your sister in my thoughts. xxxDebra

    ReplyDelete
  3. just saw this. keeping the both of you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn