Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beholden

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ 2 of Cups

There are takers and there are givers, but in my little circle I find everyone is a giver and none of us are comfortable being on the receiving end.

Speaking for myself, I don't like feeling beholden to anyone. This is an archaic attitude right up there with the false frugality of 'save everything it might come in handy some day' mindset. I'm reminded by this card I shouldn't be frightened of love or caring, whatever form it takes.

"For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. for every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it." ~ Ivan Panin 1855-1942

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is me to a "T." :)
    Such a lovely image for the Two of Cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to that, very independent, determined to do everything myself. I fear there will be a wakeup call one day

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image. My first thought is, Two Hearts Connected. --Debra

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn