Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Hoping For Hope

Daily Draw: Der Akron Tarot ~ Sun

She is facing right, to the future and appears to be touching the cheek of a fiery shape, wiping away illusions, perhaps false beliefs, but maybe clearing the way for hope to appear.  This is the Sun card after all.

I'm reminded by this card, when hope is all you have, it to is akin to a sunspot, a dark shape moving across the face of the sun, contracting and expanding. My little sister, in addition to the heart problem that required her to be life-flighted to a trauma center, also has cancer in the lungs, spine, and brain. And still just a kid. I don't even know what to hope for. So I'll hold up my cup to the sun and start with hoping for the best.

"The setting of a great hope is like the setting of the sun. The brightness of our life is gone." ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 1807-1882

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes hope is all we have. I am so sorry to hear of your sister's health problems. I will keep her in my thoughts, sending her some healing positive energy. If any card can give hope, its the Sun. And love.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card...
    I'll add my cup of hope to yours, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no.

    My heart aches for you, your sister and family.

    I am sorry I am so behind in reading. I send you as much love and comfort as I can.

    Hugs and healing,
    MM

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn