Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rethink A Think

Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ 2 of Swords

Garden of Zen. Think it through, think it out, think it over, be the think.

Since 1996 if anyone suggested AT&T for service of any kind my response has been "If AT&T were on fire I wouldn't bother to pee on it to put it out". I'd had my think and I kept thinking that way. Well, I'm sorry AT&T, I shouldn't have spent all that time concentrating on a grain of sand and rather turned around to think about the real world. Zen is a good thing, but continual zen will bind decisions as surely as duct tape and rope. Sometimes a rethink is in order. Facing the world, not the garden.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant..." ~ Robert McCloskey 1914-2003

3 comments:

  1. I love love the Robert McCloskey quote. Exactly!! I think I might have to borrow that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, what a perfect depiction of my favorite card. I think I have to get this deck! You ordered it from abroad, I'm assuming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I ordered it from the Book Depository (free shipping). Three times. The first two times the site said it was in stock and then I got an email and refund saying it wasn't. Third time the charm! I think this deck is flying off their shelves.

    I don't know that Sacred Sites is a good doing readings in a coffee shop deck, but it is a good deck for making me think.

    Thank you both for stopping by! Sharyn

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn