Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Teysi Winds Blowing Through My Mind


Daily Draw: Sacred Sites Tarot ~ Knight of Coins

By some estimates these dwellings have been here for more than 4000 years. Horses were unknown in North America when these pueblo homes were carved high in the walls of the rock canyon; the original Athabaskan immigrants walked here from the far north end of the continent.

I'm reminded by this site and this Knight when you are just one more faceless soldier in the fray it doesn't matter much what the history books say, what manners is how you live your life, today. I'm going to step out on my deck, turn my face to the ageless sky and imagine I'm just part of the hot western winds of the Colorado Plateau Teysi, blowing through time. The Knight and I, having looked backward, now face our day.

"The wind whips through the canyons of the American Southwest, and there is no one to hear it but us. A reminder of the 40,000 generations of thinking men and women who preceded us, about whom we know almost nothing." ~ Carl Sagan 1934-1996

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed your take on these cards and this deck - you always follow the little dirt roads instead of the major highways. :)
    This deck has made me love LS decks. The use of symbols instead of keywords in different languages was a great idea (and symbols are an international language!).

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn