Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Wisdom And Understanding

Daily Draw: Roots of Asia Tarot ~ World/Universe

From the companion book. "We are part of everything and everything is part of us. The inner self is filled with wisdom and complete understanding is possessed."

I'm reminded by this card if I could ever achieve that state, it would be a difficult one to maintain because we are a part of everything and that includes the flux of change. In truth full zen on a mountain top isn't for me. I choose to participate with the world on all it's puzzling and painful levels. What would my info-junkie mind do with itself if wisdom and understanding were complete?

"A man only becomes wise when he begins to calculate the approximate depth of his ignorance." ~ Gain Carlo Menotti 1911-2007

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card and I do agree the inner self is filled with wisdom. I see glimpses of it on occasion. Part of what keeps me going. But it also makes me aware of the depth of my ignorance. And like you said we have to participate in our everyday life which is full of change. I am not sure we ever reach full and complete understanding. If we do, then I guess its over. Meanwhile we journey on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read an interesting take on this idea. An excerpt:
    "We are all connected, but we are NOT all one single undifferentiated thing.
    Everything in our universe has a Song, a unique signature and blueprint of it’s own. Everything."
    http://www.katasee.com/
    This makes sense to me, and would explain why we each have our little differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the metaphor of everything having its own song.

    Thinking of you with gentle concern, Sharyn.

    xxxdebra

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn