Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wise Healer

Daily Draw: Native American Tarot ~ Hierophant/Shaman

There are a lot of definitions for Shaman, in the modern vernacular I prefer wise healer in alternative medicines and a living link to the worlds we cannot see or touch.

I'm reminded by this card there are many paths to a healthy mind, spirit, and body, and many ways to be broken. I hope I can draw some Shaman's wisdom from this deck this week.

"By three methods we may learn wisdom: first by reflection which is noblest; second by imitation which is easiest; third by experience which is the most bitter." ~ Confucius 551-479 BC

The deck of the week is the Native American Tarot, 1982 US Games Systems. Illustrated by J.A. Gonzalez, companion booklet written by Magda Weck. Suits have been renamed Blades/Swords, Pipes/Wands, Vessels/Cups, Shields/Coins. The courts have been renamed Matriarch/Queen, Chief/King, Warrior/Knight, Maiden/Page, along with many renamed majors.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a pre-teen I loved telling everyone that I was going to be a medicine woman or shaman when I grew up. In some ways I still think of myself as that (though I wouldn't admit it to the average person). I keep thinking that I will take this a step or two further.

    I have thought about finding modalities to express this through (such as massage therapy or traditional Chinese medicine) but so far I haven't quite figured out how to do that, except on a personal, private level with my tarot blog and my integrative healing efforts with my daughter. I keep thinking I will come back and make this into a profession.

    Hope you're having a lovely Sunday.

    XOX,
    MM

    p.s. thanks again for your assistance with the blog stuff. :D

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn