Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Dark Happenings

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ 10 of Swords

From Da Vinci's sketch titled Storm Over A Landscape. Everything seems to loom over the small village, fraught with doom and gloom. In their placement the ten swords seem more to protect and serve rather than the bearers of dark happenings.

I'm reminded by this card that at some point the worst does play out, it can't be avoided. The aces, fives, and tens periods are woven into the basic fabric of life. To refuse to understand and accept denies us the ability to travel on to the other side of violence, terror, sorrow, and pain.

"All of us are born with a set of instinctive fears, of falling, of the dark, of lobsters, of falling on lobsters in the dark..." Dave Barry 1947-

3 comments:

  1. I appreciate your commentary on this card, Sharyn. I love the quote from Dave Barry, too. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true bit of wisdom indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds in this painting remind me of the clouds I saw early this morning, as the outer bands of Issac began reaching us. I know its potential for destruction is serious, but there is something awe-producing in its terrible beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn