Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Revisiting The Past

Daily Draw: Grand Etteilla Tarot ~ Knight of Wands

Titled Change and Separation, this lovely image brought on the nine thousandth freshet of tears; for my mother and sister are moving inexorably beyond my reach and care.

I'm reminded by this card of both their lives, their dreams and pastimes and hard work all behind them now. Looking at the past is what remains, so we revisit it, and laugh a little bit, and then cry some more.

"And this mess is so big
and so deep and so tall,
We cannot pick it up.
There is no way at all!" ~ Dr. Seuss 1904-1991 The Cat in the Hat

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, Sharyn. But a sad piece of insight. Sometimes, life is like walking on a moving escalator that you cannot stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Sharyn))) Hold on to those good memories of times together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch. I am sorry for all of this. I wish it wasn't this way.

    Much Love,
    MM

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn