Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Why Can't I Why Did I...

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Tarot ~ Devil

Anatomy studies and fantastic beasts were two of Leonardo's favorite forms to draw. The Devil rides easy, in full control, while it appears the dragon is having a bit of a bad day at Black Rock.

To give a devil his due, he does have an easy job, it is we who choose to react by dancing on the head of a pin...should I shouldn't I why can't I why did I. Instead of struggling, I think if the dragon just sat down and refused to be ridden, the Devil, being a busybody would move on leaving the dragon to his life.

"If you don't believe in dragons,
 It is curiously true
That the dragons you disparage
Choose not to believe in you." ~ Jack Prelutsky 1940-

2 comments:

  1. Wise words... When I am struggling or reacting to a person or situation, it is how I myself create all those obsessions and unhealthy behaviors. I'm trying to change something that can't be changed, and that in turn creates fear. But if, as you said, I just sat and observed, I wouldn't have to worry about the monkey on my back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the Devil does have an easy job and so very often wins out. A bit of a struggle with the back and forth but it can be easier just to give in to him. I'd rather try and just sit down and refuse to be ridden ...

    Interesting deck. Heard about it but first time seeing. Have always had a thing for Da Vinci. Even wrote a speech in grade 8 about him.

    Thoughts to you as always ....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn