Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

With Clippers And Comb

Daily Draw: Paulina Tarot ~ 3 of Coins

A gray, there is a storm coming feeling overshadows the pensive smiles of the gathered. Perhaps they don't want to be part of this but they need to. Perhaps something has drawn together people who would not normally be together. A tree of faded discordant shapes stands before them, representing hope that won't bear fruit.

I'm reminded by this card I'm going tomorrow to shave my little sister's head. I did this and the wigs for the American Cancer Society for some years and have seen what a wrench this is. Delores has always looked like a little fairy princess to me with her long blond hair  flying out behind her. Her daughter will be there too, and the three of us will add this to our chest of memories.

"An individual doesn't get cancer, a family does." ~ Terry Tempest Williams 1955-


3 comments:

  1. Much love and strength to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hugs to you, your little sister and her daughter ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so hard for both of you! Sending you strength and courage, enough for two :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn