Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Evolving

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Healing

Greenstone begins as a soft crystalline rock which eventually finds itself trapped between fault lines deep in the earth and from the pressure exerted upon it over time becomes Jade, one of the hardest stones.

I didn't know that. We kind of assume everything in nature arrived fully formed and finished but much of it is a work in progress, just like us. I wear a jade ring which I find myself rubbing when I'm worried or anxious. Then I worry I'm ruining my ring. More likely the thumb will take the form of the stone for we are all shaped by what we do aren't we? It is all evolution via a day to day pace isn't it?

"Most species do their own evolving, making it up as they go along. There is nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fiber and, in some cases, backbone." ~ Terry Pratchett 1948-2001

3 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a Super Sweet Blogger Award! Visit my blog to find out details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to agree with Prachett - generally our evolution comes from pressure pushing us to change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about greenstone or jade either, but I have to admit, the first thing I saw when I looked at the card was a pickle. That's probably because I'm hungry. lol

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn