Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Face The Wall

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Sanctuary

I don't want to go. I don't want to go. I don't want to go.

But I will. The Outie me will shake hands and thank strangers and relatives for coming. The Innie me will curl in a ball, face to the wall, and be oblivious to it in the small darkened sanctuary of my mind.

"Family itself, that safest, most traditional of choices, is not a sanctuary. It is, perpetually, a dangerous place." ~ Margaret Drabble 1939-

Wisdom of the Four Winds is the deck featured this week, 280 page hardcover companion book by Barry Brailsford, containing full color images of each card, 50 cards illustrated by Cecilie Okada. Published 1999, StonePrint Press, New Zealand.

4 comments:

  1. putting out 'public fsce' for something like this does sound...difficult. positive thoughts for you.
    (interesting card/deck, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand these feelings, Sharyn. Such a personal time, but so public.

    I love this card though. So beautiful and calming. I don't think I have seen this set before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you today. May the sharing bring some comfort

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn