Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Facets

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home ~ 3 of Wands

This is three parts of the same woman. We are all parts of a whole, admitting it or not.

Today: I am a woman on vacation, albeit the first one in nearly a decade, relaxed and at peace.

Today: My dying baby sister is having emergency brain surgery as we speak, and I'm nearly 1000 miles from home. My trusty Dodge Ram Longhorn will get me home by tonight, zombiefied but there.

Today: My happy go lucky inner child will delight in the sights of Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.

Time to pull my facets together and start the long journey home.

"We fear to know the fearsome and unsavory aspects of ourselves, but we fear even more to know the godlike in ourselves." ~ Abraham Maslow 1906-1970

3 comments:

  1. Y'all drive carefully and get all three of those "selves" back home safely. Try to stay in the moment...
    Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound like a lovely trip.
    best wishes for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very, very safe travels to both of you

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn