Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hugs Surrounding

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home Tarot ~ King of Cups

We are now on our own Journey Home, twelve hours yesterday; down Michigan, skid around the corner of Chicago and shoot west across Illinois, Iowa, and ending about 50 miles from Nebraska. We are up to 3328 miles to have our two days with friends, and it was worth double that. So many hugs so much laughter and finding things in common that we'd not known of if we'd not met in person.

I see this card and think of those heart-felt hugs and the comments left by friends here who are thinking of me and am so grateful for what I receive, the courage and strength it gives me for beginning home hospice care for my little sister next week after I tie up lose ends at home. I don't look on it as a hard thing, but a greedy opportunity to hug Delores for as long as humanly possible. I'm particularly grateful for the practical hugs of neighbors who have volunteered to care for the goats, my dear little hens, and cats while I'm away. In hugs I am rich indeed.

"I will not play at tug o' war
I'd rather play at hug o' war,
Where everyone hugs
Instead of tugs..." ~ Shel Silverstein 1930-1999

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely, comforting image! I'm so glad you guys such a nice trip and visit. :) And I've still got plenty of hugs to spare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very very pleased that you had a marvellous time. We were with you in spirit and wish you a very safe journey home ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharyn, You get a virtual hug everyday from down under!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn