Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Life = Magic = Life

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home Tarot ~ Magician

I've used the word Magic many times in the nearly 2000 posts here. In the I must be old as dirt sense, I don't get the physics of how boats float and airplanes fly so that will always be magic to me. It's ok, that daily sense of wonder is part of the makeup of my inner joy.

I'm also reminded by this card of the undeniable real magic of the world: the power of the moon on the oceans, mountains that once didn't exist, the life assaults to our living bodies from which we heal, Sun, salt, water, three things living beings can't live without and there they are, freely found. Natural magic fills our days, and at night the magic of sleep and it's power of restoration. Amazing.

"That's the thing with magic. You've got to know it's still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you." ~ Charles de Lint 1951-

1 comment:

  1. I love the image of the Magician mending the world. That is true magic!
    Like you, I like the mysteries and wonders of the natural world are magic to me; I just have to slow down long enough to appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn