Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Live Your Epitaph

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Freedom

Air. Oxygen and water; without them we do not exist. Sounds simple, but air is made up of seventeen different gasses, all necessary and life is never simple underneath, is it?

This card asks us to define what we need and want. To stop farting around with I want to be rich, I want to be a baseball star, I want to be thin yadayadayada. And so much of our lifetime is taken up with work it is easy for our first thoughts to turn to what we want to do. I'm past the stage of start over, do overs in that department. I need to define and then act based on what remains of life, not old news. Otherwise my tombstone will say "She thought a lot". What kind of epitaph is that for a person with hopes and dreams? One for the person who never got off the dime, never stood behind her convictions, never actually lived.

"To know how to free oneself is nothing; the arduous thing is to know what to do with one's freedom." ~ Andre Gide 1869-1951

4 comments:

  1. Otherwise my tombstone will say "She thought a lot".
    I hate to admit it, but this would aptly describe me on many days. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figuring out what one really wants out of life is not so simple, is it?
    I guess I'm getting closer because I know what I don't want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good one Siddaleah...I guess I do know that about many parts of my life. Which is a good start!
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. good post Sharon ... another nice card. I know what I want to do but have to work around what I have to do in order to be able to do what I want to do. And I am okay with that (most of the time):))

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn