Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Patience??

Daily Draw: Da Vinci Enigma Tarot ~ Strength

Dimmi: What tendencies need taming here?

You know how in films the person in danger always runs up? And gets trapped? We can nod sagely and smile at each other, and know better mentally and emotionally...but I'm running up even though with all my strength I'm trying to turn myself around. Patience is advised but jumping onto a running lion's back and shooting off in all directions seems preferable to this.

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke 1875-1926

The Da Vinci Enigma Tarot with art drawn from Leonardo Da Vinci's multitude of sketchbooks, 144 page softcover companion book by Caitlin Matthews. Published by St. Martins Press 2005. Suits are Earth Water Air Fire. Cards are titled and the book includes a Dimmi or a 'tell me' query for each one. Four types of suggestions are given for interpreting, Soul-code, upright, reversed, disconnected.

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic quote by Rilke. I wonder what is in the fellow's right hand in the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uner the magnifying glass, possibly a whip handle. There seems to be a faint line going up through his bent elbow and then beyond.

    The lion and whip? are artistic license, they aren't in the original. My feel from the card is he has no intention of using it on lion or self, he is just thinking on the best path.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just not sure how to live the questions. Trying.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn