Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Pick Shuck Eat

Daily Draw: Songs For The Journey Home Tarot ~ Page of Wands

Ah, a good card for following on the past two days. With Wands we get to the action, the putting one or more of those really good ideas to work. As we've passed across Minnesota and Wisconsin (588 miles today) they are beginning to harvest untold acres of corn. Dried on the stalks, the big harvesters come in, pull the stalks, take the cobs off, shuck the corn, remove the kernels from the cob, grind up everything not corn, and return it to the earth. Leaving us with pure food. What kind of mind can think up a piece of equipment that can do that? Perhaps this young page?

"Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." ~ Dwight David Eisenhower 1890-1969

5 comments:

  1. Love that quote. Even with all the fancy machinery and irrigation, farming is still quite a gamble. We had such a drought in our part of the state that the wells went dry so the farmers couldn't irrigate if they wanted. And lately they've had to deal with copper thieves who are dismantling the giant irrigators to steal the copper to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharyn... In 2008 David & I drove across several states on I-90 on a long road trip. It is probably some of the same miles you are traveling. It is awesomely beautiful! David drove. I took pictures. It was my kind of trip!!! It sounds like you are having a good trip, too. I had forgotten that you were not on your old quilting blog. It still has some good stuff, but I like this one, too.
    I'll try to come back to visit more often.
    Miss you! Laura Cobb... Did I tell you that I have a blog? It's not current, but I'll work on that very soon... lakeside344 is my blog name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this whole deck - and the Page of Wands is beautiful. I tried to get a copy of it but to no avail - love to see you working with it, it is a beautiful work of art. Blessings. Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely deck and I loved your little observations on the road. Hope all is well with you and your sister.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn