Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Recognizing Life's Simple Gifts

Daily Draw: Trilateral Tarot ~ Star

In the upright position connected to spirit, this card asks us to consider all the things we are grateful for. I could go on for ages; keeping a gratitude journal for three years changed how I view everything in my life, from the tiniest things to the enormous.

I'm reminded by this card of hot coffee in a chicken mug from a friend, the beautiful and heartfelt sympathy cards lined up around my desk. My grandmother's small lamp, circa 1930 from her farm in Illinois and the new curly bulbs providing light. The digital camera which allows me to share images of this deck, of computers and internet access which make it possible to connect with the artist across the world. For eyesight and fingers to type, for the clear mammogram this week, for the three little doggies behind me...there is no end, and for all I am grateful my spirit and mind can both recognize and accept these gifts.

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness." ~ James Thurber 1894-1961

A newly published deck this week, The Trilateral Tarot created by Dr. Mara Thorson of Germany. Designed to be read as the cards are drawn out of the shuffled deck; top pointed left addresses the unconscious mind, top pointed right speaks of the conscious mind, and pointed up the image relates to the meta-conscious deep spirit.

A limited edition majors only deck with original art created from cloth, quilt/collage style, 25" per side. The glossy cards are 5.5" per side, are shipped in a handmade bag and include both a little white book and downloadable pdf of 65 pages.

5 comments:

  1. Can't think of a better deck for a quilter than this one! Look forward to seeing more of it this week.
    Great news on the mammogram. May you continue to find many more things to add to your journal each day, dear friend.
    Loved the Thurber quote. I should have that one tattooed (backward) on my forehead so I could see it in the mirror every day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that deck seems like it would be...rather a challenge to shuffle :0

    but yes, totally agree about remembering/appreciating the little things in your life that make it...so much better :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Never seen this one before, imagine having them all in cloth original :-D how luxurious!
    Grats on the mammogram results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing deck. Having a little deck envy. ;)

    Great post about gratitude. Always a good thing to remember.

    XO,
    MM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful deck ... reminded me that I started following Quirkeries for the art, then the quotes, then the person putting it together.
    So glad the mammogram was clear. Long may they stay that way.
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn