Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

What A Relief

Daily Draw: Wisdom of the Four Winds ~ Insight

Owl speaks of silently observing and then riding the winds of change.  I speak of change and growth here quite a bit; it isn't just lip service. In hindsight I can see  much personal change, all of which lead to new insight into some area of my life, then leading to an altering of actions and worldview. 

I'm reminded by this card of giving up my idea of personal totems this year, the owl being one held especially close to my heart. My experience with owl was electrifying...but a totem? One more deliberate lightening of the mental load freeing me for the epiphany which followed a few weeks later allowing a millstone of fear held a lifetime to fall away.

"Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world." ~ John Milton 1608-1674

2 comments:

  1. Your words "what a relief" work for me. Although difficult, there has been great insight the last year. I do love the moments ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharyn—

    It's about time I let you know that your blog was my inspiration to keep a blog. Right now mine's mostly brainstorming about trying to write a book. I hardly find time to write anymore, what with me being overly wordy & bunches of other excuses going on, but it's always refreshing to stop by your blog and remind myself to simplify. Thank you, thank you.

    Jessica
    http://barefootfool.com/journal/

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn