Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Honor

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Gaia

Considered Mother Earth and said to have birthed all sky/earth/water. In the lake before her are the first humanoids.

I'm reminded by this card, regardless of whatever religious beliefs anyone holds, to sustain life everything comes from nature first. Sustenance, raiment, shelter, toys. So obvious it is easy to forget as we look for complicated convoluted answers to the simplest question. When we respect earth we honor ourselves, our ancestors, indeed all life.

"Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from." ~ Terry Tempest Williams 1955-

3 comments:

  1. This card is lovely, and almost makes me want to buy this deck.
    I think we only take care of what we love (as opposed to what we think we possess). It's a shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my scanner wasn't fighting with my laptop, scans would show much better than my photos.

    There Are some not so pretty goddesses and heroines in the set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image of Gaia, with trees as her hair, and rocks as her body, and water flowing from her. As you say, everything ultimately comes from nature :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn