Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

I Know It's There

Daily Draw: Moon Oracle ~ Kali

Kali defeated Raktavaji and his thousands of demons, but accomplishing the final solution drove her mad and in that madness she also killed her husband and wreaked havoc on Earth.

I'm reminded by this card of obsession. Of being so possessed by something or someone everything else is lost to us.  And we don't even note it's passing in our single mindedness. I'm trying not to become obsessed about getting better. Because to be well by that route would leave much of who I am behind and me is all I have. And finding compassion for myself is like trying to find the light switch in a dark room. I know it is there but where?

"I came upon a doctor who appeared in quite poor health. I said, 'There's nothing that I can do for you that you can't do for yourself.' He said, 'Oh yes you can. Just hold my hand. I think that that would help.' So I sat with him a while then I asked him how he felt. He said, 'I think I'm cured." ~ Conor Oberst 1980-

3 comments:

  1. i know this may sound kind of silly, but the self-compassion thing is something i've been trying to work on for a while, and one thing i found kinda helpful was...trying to see myself as another person, a friend who was experiencing what i am experiencing, doing or failing to do whatever it is i'm doing, an imagine what i would say to them, how i would feel towards them. for me there was such a huge difference in what i say/feel for others and for myself and...trying to work on transferring that over. logic questioning... why don't i deserve the same? why am i telling myself things i would never dream of saying to someone else? its totally easier said than done, as i said, i'm hardly an expert on applying this, but yeah.

    Love the art on this deck. Got the Radiant Sun because its more readable for me due to how i approach astrology and i totally agree with you that one of their decks is enough but...lovely art/colors here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One may be enough, but I have them all :)
    Nothing is silly if it is working/helping.
    I'm trying to find a line between the things that cause me pain because what hurts and harms us also makes us who we are. I like me. I like you. So how to heal and yet keep it all, as us?
    Weird old life isn't it?
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you tonight Sharyn, as I quilt. You are very dear to my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn