Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Irretrievably Lost

Daily Draw: Ancient Feminine Wisdom ~ Demeter

Such a beautiful card. It was a month ago as I write this I was holding my little sister's body as it cooled.

I'm reminded by this card grief is a savage and cruel mistress.

"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to her alone, and is therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer 1788-1860

2 comments:

  1. I often wonder about that phrase "let go..." Those tethers that hold me to those I have lost are attached to so many fond memories. If only I could figure out how to hold onto the memories and let the pain ease...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting that the joy surrounding birth and the grief surrounding loss are both measured initially in days, then in weeks, then months. Two sides of the one coin

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts. Good bad or indifferent; opinions are the lifeblood of conversation and I always learn something from anyone with a new point of view. Thank you for visiting, Sharyn